Grace Lutheran Church and School | Grace Lutheran Church and School Phone:  763-784-8784 or email Pastor Hein at:  jphein@clclutheran.com Grace Lutheran Church and School | Grace Lutheran Church and School Phone:  763-784-8784 or email Pastor Hein at:  jphein@clclutheran.com Grace Lutheran Church and School | Grace Lutheran Church and School Phone:  763-784-8784 or email Pastor Hein at:  jphein@clclutheran.com Grace Lutheran Church and School | Grace Lutheran Church and School Phone:  763-784-8784 or email Pastor Hein at:  jphein@clclutheran.com

History

Grace Lutheran’s History

Grace Lutheran Church was originally affiliated with the Orthodox Lutheran Conference. In August of 1962 it became a member of the Church of the Lutheran Confession. Grace Lutheran Church was born by the grace of God out of concern for the preservation of God’s truth, in the service of proclaiming the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Historical Highlights:

200820092010201120122013 – 2014 – 2015 – 2016    Yearly Highlights

Ephesians 2:6-7 He has raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus

60th Anniversary Video:

Right click here to save the file for off-line use.

Major Events in Early Years:

  • DECEMBER 1954 — Under the impetus provided by the pastors of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church of North Minneapolis, worship and Sunday School were first held at Hayes Elementary School. These services were conducted by Otto Abrams, a student at the Orthodox Lutheran Seminary of Minneapolis, who after his graduation was called and ordained as the group’s first resident pastor.
  • JULY 1955 — The organizational meeting was held at the Roger Weibye home. Ephesians 2:8 was chosen as our motto: “For by GRACE you have been saved through faith.”
  • FEBRUARY 18, 1957 — The Articles of Incorporation were adopted.
  • MARCH 24, 1957 — Authorization to purchase an acre of ground for a building site at a sum of $2,500.
  • MAY 1957 — Construction of original church and parsonage with completion in November 1958.
  • AUGUST 1962 — Voted to be received into membership of the Church of the Lutheran Confession.
  • SEPTEMBER 7, 1976 — Opening of the Christian Day School.
  • JULY 1983 — Ground breaking for construction of a new fellowship wing and Church sanctuary also expanding its Christian Day School and Parsonage.
  • JUNE 1, 1986 — Dedication of the new sanctuary.
  • 1997 — Grace installed a new organ and began planning the erection of a Bell Tower.
  • NOVEMBER 17, 2004 — Dedication of stained glass windows.
  • NOVEMBER 2005 — Fellowship Hall/Kitchen remodel
  • OCTOBER 20, 2013 — Our first worship service with a permanently mounted projector and screen

Pastors: Years of Service

  • Otto R. Abrams Beginning – 1963 (8 years)
  • Norman Harms Mar. 1963 – Jan. 1965 (2 years)
  • Carl Thurow May 1965 – Jan. 1970 (5 years)
  • H.C. Duehlmeier Feb. 1970 – Jul. 1978 (8 years)
  • Daniel J. Fleischer Aug. 1978 – Mar. 1998 (20 years)
  • John Ude Jun. 1998 – Jun. 2005 (7 years)
  • John P. Hein Jun. 2005 – Present

Teachers: Years of Service

  • Carol Heisel 1976 – 1981 (5 years)
  • Karen Strike 1978 – 1979, 1993 – 1996 (4 years)
  • Janice Hallauer (Davis) 1979 – 1982 (3 years)
  • Phyllis Schuler 1981 – 1985 (4 years)
  • Lila Schmidt (Brown) 1982 – 1986 (4 years)
  • Beth Sydow 1985 – 2001 (16 years)
  • James Lau 1986 – 2001 (15 years)
  • Mary Timm 1988 – 1993 (5 years)
  • Lindsay Paul 2001 – 2003 (2 years)
  • Deborah Ude (PT) 2001 – 2005 (4 years)
  • Ann Radichel (PT) 2002 – 2011, 2012 – Present
  • Ellen Bergstrom (PT) 2002 – Present
  • Ryan Libby 2004 – 2010 (6 years)
  • Janelle Hein 2010 – Present