1. Lamb of God, we fall before Thee,
Humbly trusting in Thy Cross.
That alone be all our glory;
All things else are only dross.
2. Thee we own a perfect Savior,
Only Source of all that's good.
Every grace and every favor
Comes to us through Jesus' blood.
3. Jesus gives us true repentance
By His Spirit sent from heaven;
Whispers this transporting sentence,
"Son, thy sins are all forgiven."
4. Faith He grants us to believe it,
Grateful hearts His love to prize;
Want we wisdom? He must give it,
Hearing ears and seeing eyes.
5. Jesus gives us pure affections,
Wills to do what He requires,
Makes us follow His directions,
And what He commands, inspires.
6. All our prayers and all our praises,
Rightly offered in His name,--
He that dictates them is Jesus;
He that answers is the same.
Hymn #358 from _The Lutheran Hymnal_
Text: Heb. 12:2
Author: Joseph Hart, 1759 cento, alt.
Composer: _Musikalischer Christenschatz_
Tune: "Ringe recht"
Town: Basel, 1745